Tabla for Beginners (Grade-1)
- High Quality Video based Sessions to learn at your convenience
- Get Weekly Content for systematic learning
This, Grade 1 of Tabla course is designed for those who are new to the world of Tabla Playing and are willing to learn the basics. It will offer you proper knowledge of the basic concepts of playing Tabla in a very easy to understand manner with their practical applicability. You will be able to understand basic elements of Music like Taal, Laye (Tempo), Rhythm, sum-kaal, taali-khaali & its usage for practical improvisations. You will also learn the art of Listening to Music which is different from Hearing, as you will start understanding what you hear.
We will cover three most popular taals namely - Keherva, Dadra and Teentaal along with their important concepts and a variety of Study material to explore more into the world of Rhythm. You will also be taught about other important taals & how taals are created. The wide knowledge about taals given in this course will develop your “Taal Library”. We will also be learning Palte, which are essential tool for hand training and solo performances.
The class is divided into 10 weekly sessions which will provide you enough content to practice each week. To make learning fun & enjoyable, we will also provide play-along practice tracks & reference materail for each session.
Live Classes are also available as a part of this course, if you wish to interact with our experts ‘One to One’ for solving your doubts.
Topics Covered In This Course
- Introduction to Tabla and its parts
- Basic concepts of Music required for Tabla
- Playing Bols on Tabla
- Keherva, Dadra, Teentaal & other Important taals
- Palte, Tihaayi and other concepts in these taals
- DO’s and Don’ts along with tips to avoid mistakes
- Practice exercises, tracks & study material
- If you want personal guidance from our teachers & want them to give feedback, you can select the class you wish to schedule when you proceed to pay. You get an option to Add Live one-on-one sessions in your course for personalized learning. (upto 3 live sessions) Based on your selection, our team will timely share the details of the teacher who will be taking your Live Session.
- Each Live Session will be conducted via Skype for 30 mins durations.
- We recommend you enrol for at least one live class which will help you clear all your doubts & avoid basic practicing mistakes as well directly by One to One guidance from our teacher.
- The Live Class will be taken either by your Instructor or other beAmusician certified teacher of similar level based on schedule & availability.
- Live Classes will be conducted on the day & time of the week selected by you before making the payment. The Date will also be shown to you during selection. If you have any doubts regarding the same, please contact us, we will be happy to assist you.
- No previous knowledge required. This course covers all the basics.
- A Tabla to play along & practice.
- An active Internet connection & a laptop with good speakers/earphones/headphones
- The course will start from the date entered by you at the time of payment. You will have access of the course for Five months (22 weeks) from start date.
- Each week 1 class will get unlocked that will have Videos & related study material for practice in entire week. The unlocked videos will remain accessible to you for entire course duration.
- We recommend you enrol for at least one live class which will help you clear all your doubts and teacher will help you avoid basic practicing mistakes too. The Live Class will be taken either by your Instructor or other beAmusician certified teacher of similar level based on schedule & availability. For kids, parental supervision is recommended.